Emissaries of Myth
New, powerful enemies of the mythical Mutant grade have found their way to London and beyond. Those enemies will rotate each week, emerging and retreating throughout the month. This is the first custom and permanent, global event on the 2038 server.
Structure and Rotation
From lv31 maps onward, Survivors will encounter Mutant subbosses in Hidden Passageways across London (excluding cave-type ones found in Stonehenge). These Mutants will carry some valuable treasure of their own, and a unique, tradeable, caste-specific ingredient. You may combine 100 of this ingredient into an untradeable consumable item in the Cube. Using this item will initiate quests that call forth the respective caste’s Mutant boss in specific maps, which you may then challenge.
These powerful new bosses have been mutated by an unknown power. While their base forms will be familiar, they will come with some unique characteristics of their own:
- Mutant quality - these bosses have been mutated into new levels of power. They will be much sturdier, and deal much more damage than their common brethren.
- New mechanics - with their ascension came newfound powers. Each of them will have a new set of skills to dissuade challengers.
- Iron will - these bosses will be summoned, but they will not be swayed. With power comes wisdom, so they will not respond to taunts and provocations, succumb to fear, or have their minds controlled.
The caste of the subbosses and respective bosses will change each week, with each caste taking up one week of each month. Should you not manage to gather enough of a caste’s ingredients in time, they will permanently remain in your possession. There will be a small downtime in-between rotations, as each month lasts longer than 4 standard weeks. During this brief period, no subbosses will spawn. With the 1st of a new months, the subbosses will return and spawn as normal. This does not however prevent brave ones to challenge the Emissaries at any given time, should they have enough fragments or talisman stockpiled.
Each of the subbosses will 'take up' one week of the month, and each caste’s boss will be summoned in its own dedicated map. Specifically:
- Week 1: Demons - You may summon Malphas, a mutated Shaman Imp, to Veil Asunder. Beware, its leashed allies have also tapped into new powers themselves.
- Week 2: Spectrals - You may summon Xitalu, a mutated member of the unnamed species of Oculis, to Step into Hell in Piccadilly Circus.
- Week 3: Necros - You may summon Ruax, a mutated Zombie Summoner, to Possibly Australia. Unlike this map’s usual residents, it will award exp if killed.
- Week 4: Beasts - You may summon Eihort, a mutated Carnagor, to The Foreboding Wild. Like Malphas, it has shared its newfound powers with its leashed allies.
The Emissaries of Myth subbosses may drop some of the following items amongst other items:
|Arcane Desolator||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Kilij Reforged||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Faraday's Law||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|The Beeholder||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Screecher's Wail||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Gift Of Hades||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Tontus Talontus||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|The Master's Wand||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Bragi's Tongue||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Reach of Talos||mythic|
|King Baldwin's Crown||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Horns of Hattin||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|The Tinker's Chest||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Troyes' Council||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|The Traveling Pants||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Ascalon Bracers||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Unrepentant Pace||unique||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Contagion Grinder||mythic||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Serpent Protector||mythic||Guardian, Blademaster|
|Eagle Eyes||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Harry's Hardcase||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Milo's Reprieve||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Multitask Holder||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Wheldon's Wheelgrips||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|Drexler's Smooth Move||unique||Marksman, Engineer|
|XM9x-B Viral Thunder||mythic||Marksman, Engineer|
|XM83-B Nuclear Rail Cannon||mythic||Marksman, Engineer|
|Tegument of the Ages||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Carver's Razormantle||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Fryjia's Frock||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Band of Trickery||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Obraim's Tassets||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Glittens of the Archmage||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Way of the Eternal Mist||unique||Evoker, Summoner|
|Claw of Eihort||mythic||Evoker, Summoner|
|Fist of Ruax||mythic||Evoker, Summoner|